Position Summary: Ensure quality and consistency of all food menu items. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
· Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or direction from the expeditor.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and supports co-workers, while being a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standard.
· Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Communicates product needs to the chefs and the support staff.
· Required to check cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
· Properly sets-up station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
o Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards.
o Wipes down and sanitizes station.
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Line Cook training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous culinary experience preferred.
· Experience as a line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tao Group Hospitality delivers distinctive culinary and premium entertainment experiences through its portfolio of restaurants, nightclubs, lounges, and daylife venues. Tao Group Hospitality acquired Hakkasan Group in April 2021. The combined company operates more than 70 entertainment dining and nightlife venues in over 25 markets across five continents and features a collection of widely recognized hospitality brands. These include TAO, Hakkasan, OMNIA, Marquee, LAVO, Beauty & Essex, Yauatcha, Cathédrale, Ling Ling, Wet Republic, Little Sister, The Highlight Room, Jewel, and more. Tao Group Hospitality is part of Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) (NYSE: MSGE), a leader in live experiences.