Overview: A Busser resets tables in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave the restaurant and provides support to the restaurant staff.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Works as part of a team.
· Provides help and support to all fellow colleagues.
· Communicates to FOH and BOH support staff including managers, servers and chef.
· Learns and teaches fellow colleagues. (Learn by listening, teach and lead by example).
· Properly sets-up station and sidestations including:
· Squares-off seats, tables, makes sure all tables and chairs/banquettes are clean and free of debris
· Helps waiters set table with proper place settings
· Wipes down chairs and table bases
· Stocks sidestations with appropriate materials
· Performs opening sidework as described for specific sections
· Attends and participates in daily pre-meal meetings.
· Provides professional and exceptional guest service.
· Deliver (as directed by server), fill, and re-fill water as needed.
· Table maintenance and bussing of excess tableware.
· Clears empty glasses, dirty plates, and used silverware.
· Cleans and wipes tabletop and keep free of debris and food.
· Helps set table for next course (apps, entrees, desserts).
· Clears and resets tables after guests have left.
· Performs shift opening and closing sidework as described.
· Previous hospitality experience preferred.
· Previous busser experience preferred.
· Experience in a high volume restaurant is a must.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.