Assistant General Manager – Restaurant
Overview: The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
· Assists the General Manager in the overall quality and profitability of the restaurant.
· Assists the General Manager in ensuring that all systems function efficiently.
· Works with both the front of the house and the back of the house employees.
· Must be able to deal with guests in a courteous and professional manner.
· Must be able to deal with employees in a courteous and professional manner.
· Maintains employee morale.
· Creates and oversees reservations book.
· Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
· Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
· Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
· Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and labor/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Ensures positive guest service in all areas. Responds to guest complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
· Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
· College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
· Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, Open Table, Time Pro, Compete).
· Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, employee management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.