Overview: The Barback stocks the bar with liquor, ice, glassware and garnishes.
· Assists the bartenders to ensure a high level of quality and speedy service.
· Ensures the bar is always fully stocked to required par levels.
· Ensures the bar is always neatly organized.
· Ensures the bar has a high standard of cleanliness and follows the cleaning schedule.
· Empties the trash from behind the bar and disposes of it correctly with all boxes broken down.
· Makes sure all back of house storage and refrigeration areas are kept clean and secure.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions, and department meetings.
· Ensures that all perishables behind the bar are fresh and tasted to ensure quality.
· Cuts all fruit and other prep work before the beginning of service and ensures par levels are maintained during service.
· Makes sure no personal items are kept behind the bar.
· Completes all side work at the beginning and closing of each shift.
· Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the working area.
· Arrives for each shift with a positive attitude and checks in with the department manager.
· Knows what events are happening in the Club.
· Contributes to the morale of the team and treats all fellow employees with respect.
· Reports all breakages or damaged equipment immediately to management.
· Ensures that there is little or no waste.
· Makes sure the work area is always stocked accordingly with supplies and tools.
· Reports low levels of stock to bar manager, head bartender, or manager before they run out.
· Makes sure all liquor displays and shelving is organized and par levels are maintained.
· Previous hospitality experience preferred.
· Previous barback experience preferred.
· Experience in a high volume restaurant is a must.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.