Directly Reports to: Assistant General Manager, Managers and Beverage Manager
Licenses / Certifications: Food Handling Certifiate, Alcohol Awareness, Gaming Registration (where required)
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Provides professional and exceptional service.
· Presents menus, answers questions and make suggestions for all food and beverage items.
· Informs guests of all food and beverage specials, with prices.
· Required to solicit any allergy or dietary restrictions from each guest.
· Accurately enter all orders into the POS system and follow proper cash/payment card procedures.
· Ensures the delivery of all food and beverage to the guests at the bar and lounge (where applicable).
· Maintain general cleanliness of bar and bar area, and the entire venue.
· Makes sure all liquor displays and shelving are organized, and par levels are maintained.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the company.
· Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, managers and chefs.
· Properly sets-up the bar stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue bartender training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
· 1-2 years of professional beverage experience.
· Previous bartending experience.
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)