Position Summary: Guides guests to appropriate table as directed by the maître d’. Interacts with the restaurant guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipates and accommodates needs of the guest.
· Maintains the general cleanliness and orderliness of the entrance area.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Actively takes and processes reservations for guests.
· Assists with incoming calls and answering questions from guests.
· Responsible for checking guests’ coats and other belongings (where applicable).
· Assists with setting up front desk area, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
· Ensures that all appropriate menus are printed and ready for service.
· Responsible for making sure all menu books are organized with current menus.
· Collects menus throughout venue during shift.
· Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
· Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue host training.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience.
· Previous host experience.
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time. Tao Group is an EOE. If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.