Directly Reports to: Director of Operations, General Manager
Licenses / Certifications: Managers Food Handling, Alcohol Awareness
Supervises: Managers, front-of-house employee
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the front-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Assists in the decision-making process for interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants.
- Responsible for the scheduling, growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house
- Works with GM to create job performance reviews.
- Responsible for front-of-house operations to ensure quality, safety, beverage recipe accuracy, efficiency and profitably.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of operational systems, including payroll.
- Regulates all executive-level POS functions.
- Participates in reviewing the venue’s monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops front-of-house employees by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures that all mechanical systems are in good working order and compliant with all federal, state and local ordinances.
- Ensures all employees are compliant with all front-of-house standards and procedures.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the venue.
- Ensures that all guest and employee concerns are resolved.
- Ensures the reconciliation of all end-of-shift financials.
- Practical knowledge in the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
- Attends and leads daily pre-service meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Assists in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude. • Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Minimum 5 years previous hospitality experience as an Assistant General Manager, Restaurant Manager or senior manager within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, and labor models is desirable.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. Tao Group Hospitality operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Magic Hour, Feroce, The Fleur Room Cathédrale, and Little Sister. Tao Group Hospitality’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally-based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)