Head Bartender – Food & Beverage
Job Classification: Hourly
Directly Reports to: Bar Manager
Licenses / Certifications: Food Handling Certificate, Alcohol Awareness, Gaming Registration (where required)
Position Summary: Prepares all alcoholic beverages for guests and venue servers. Actively takes orders, conducts full and complete food/beverage service, and monitors guests’ bar/dining experience. Interacts with the bar guests, employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Provides professional and exceptional service.
· Demonstrates beverage preparation knowledge, dexterity, leadership, and organization.
· Participation and input towards maintaining operational systems such as well set up guides, batching recipes, and opening/closing checklists.
· Responsible for executing the training and development of new bartenders and barbacks as outlined in the employee training manual.
· Coordinates with management and Beverage dept to maintain company standards.
· Participation and input towards recipe development with beverage team.
· Responsible for submitting weekly operations review form to all managers and beverage team.
· Maintain general cleanliness of bar and bar area, and the entire venue.
· Makes sure all liquor displays and shelving are organized, and par levels are maintained.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the company.
· Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
· Properly sets-up the bar stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue bartender training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· 1-2 years of professional beverage experience.
· Previous bartending experience.
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.