Job Classification: Salary
Directly Reports to: General Manager
Licenses / Certifications: Food Handling, Alcohol Awareness, Gaming Registration (where required)
Supervises: All front-of-house employees
Position Summary: Responsible for supervising the daily operations and activities of the front-of-house employees in accordance with department policies and procedures, and the management of all front-of-house operations, with a focus on beverage operations. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervises in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
· Supervises and coordinates employee responsibilities to ensure that the restaurant is running efficiently and profitably.
· Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and employee development of all subordinates.
· Responsible for the scheduling of Bartenders
· Participates in physical beverage inventory count and audits for all concepts within the building
· Requisitions beer, wine, and liquor orders to coporate beverage team and reconciles invoices w/beverage receiver
· In depth knowledge of Beverage menus for all concepts in the building
· Implementing operating policies for beverage controls in order to achieve maximized service.
· Responsible for ensuring all beverage storage areas are properly organized and secure.
· Attends BEO meetings and communicates beverage needs to General Manager and corporate beverage team
· Participation and input towards marketing activities as pertains to Beverage
· Participates in growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house employees, focusing on beer, wine, and spirits education.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus within the building, with specialized attention to beverage program.
· Drives beverage sales while in service
· Responsible for conducting weekly bartender pour tests for all concepts in the building.
· Responsible for staff training and development for sales as they relate to beverage.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Manage payroll for all beverage receivers, stockers and bar prep positions. Set and achieve labor goals based off of business projections.
· Monitors cocktail batch quality and consistency for all concepts in the building.
· Regulates all POS functions requiring a manager’s approval.
· Assists with job performance reviews.
· Addresses and resolves guest and employee concerns.
· Responsible for reconciling end-of-shift financials.
· Ability to perform the job duties of all supervised employees.
· Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
· Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised employees.
· Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
· Oversees the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
· Oversees the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
· Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or pre-service meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality Beverage Manager training, Alcohol Awareness Certificate, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous Food & Beverage experience in a leadership role.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.