Beverage Receiver – Front of House
Job Classification: Hourly
Directly Reports to: Beverage Manager/Manager
Licenses / Certifications: Food Handling Certificate, Gaming Registration (where applicable)
Position Summary: Ensure quality and consistency of, and properly stores, all deliveries. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all employees.
· Manages all incoming beverage orders in a quick and efficient manner.
· Accurately follow specifications of purchase order.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of receiving areas, beverage storage areas, and bars.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of receiving procedures, following company standard.
· Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Communicates product needs to the purchaser and chefs.
· Properly sets-up receiving station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Review and utilize daily purchase orders.
o Wipes down and keeps receiving areas clean, orderly and sanitized.
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
· Reports all breakage of liquor/beer/wine immediately to management.
· Prepares garnishes for bar service, following DOH standards.
· Prepares batches for bar service and prescribed.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Receiver training, and Food Handling certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous receiver/stocking experience preferred.
· Experience as a receiver in a high-volume operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.